Sunday, July 29, 2012

goodbye for now.

Macy left this morning very early. She is on an the adventure of a lifetime. I'm going to be honest, I don't really miss her. I'm pretty used to her leaving for school (12 hours away) but I'm sure it will hit me eventually. Plus we actually get along much better when we aren't together all the time. Continuing the theme of honesty... I try not to think about it to much because I start getting REALLY jealous. Here I am stuck going to school and she is on an island in the S. Pacific being a missionary. 2 things I love... islands and the mission field. I'm really trying not to dwell on it though. I got to go to Africa and she didn't. I just have a major itch to travel and be a missionary pretty much always. Maybe not for 10 months though. I'm a bit more of a homebody. 

Yesterday was spent with family.

Macy and I sang special music for church and Jae-min played the piano for us. 


Lots of pictures with family after church.


Bad lighting.


Grandma and the farm grandkids.



We had a going away party at our house last night.


Coop was slightly overwhelmed by all the people and insisted on someone holding him the whole evening. (Just like a baby. ha) He bonded with Elisa.


The whole group.


Above picture made possible by a ladder, board, and self timer. 



Us.



After pictures we had vespers. 


House full of people.



We sang lots of songs for the kids and they did the actions. 



Found this one on my camera. ;)


We ended the evening with prayer. We made a big circle around the house and everyone said a little prayer. Worst idea ever. Not a dry eye in the room when we were done. And I'm not exaggerating. I'm fairly certain there wasn't a single person that didn't shed at least one tear. 


I truly am blessed with the best family. Macy has the best support system a person could ask for. 

We are praying for you Macy!

If you wanna know more about her adventure you can check out her blog here.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Looks like a busy weekend! Best wishes to Macy and her journey. Someday (post-school) we should all go on regular mission trips. I soo look forward to that!

Are you coming to visit us soon??!

Elisa said...

1. Thanks for being honest.
2. I thought we did a retake of my picture with cooper? Maybe they were BOTH disturbing?
3. I was wondering if you would notice the photo that turned up on your camera :)