Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Climbing Mount "EveREST"

Last Sabbath was one of those you don't want to end. (Well I wish they all would never end but you get the idea.) Lots of visitors were at the farm and it was another gorgeous day. After church we all headed out to climb "THE Mountain." The mountain being the highest point in creek county which is just to the west of us. It's really more like a hill. This is the same area that we were in when we walked the creek bed in this post. You made even recognize a particular tree. :)

It was a much bigger group than our usual, Elisa, Andrew and I. 











We did go part of the way up in the creek bed. Lots of briars and dead trees to see the waterfall. 


 And this is the waterfall...


We need rain. ha It did make for a nice resting spot after the climb. And frog eggs were found. Gus may or may not have eaten a few...




We made it! 


And there's the farm. 






Gus was worn out! He had a rough day. Before we even left, the crazy cat at the farm attacked him and tore up the inside of his ears plus that was a pretty long walk for his short legs. If we made to much noise in the house that night he would start howling at us. Don't disturb the poor guys sleep. 


We had popcorn and sandwiches for supper before heading into town for vespers.


 Lots of music at vespers. Perfect way to end the day.


Oh, and I started my garden on Sunday. 


I went home last night and almost all of my little plants had been eaten. I'm assuming the rabbit from last year... I didn't think they would bother them since the plants were so tiny but now I have to start all over again and will be putting the fence up immediately. 



1 comment:

Elisa said...

I am so glad I got to see you, such a fun weekend. Isn't it nice how I always appear like a goof on your blog? :)