Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day.

{I had this all ready to post Monday night and our internet went out from the storms and the same thing happened last night. Joys of living in the country.}

Today was a busy day and we got lots done!

I made 3 pies. 2 Chocolate and 1 mulberry. They were so yummy with some homeade ice cream. {more on that later}
{Sidenote. I was just making another pie crust and realized why these weren't as good as usual. I forgot salt. Goodness, Allyson. That is why you follow recipes.}


My mom and Macy painted the living room and I helped a little but I was mowing the yard most of the morning.  It desperately needed painted and it looks so nice now! 


We painted it a pale yellow color and really like the way it turned out. Cooper was a big help...


This evening a few family members came over and we ate ice cream and pie. :) It was yummy! My mind must have been somewhere else when I made the mulberry pie because I messed up everything so it wasn't as good as usual but it was still okay. The chocolate was so yummy and so easy though!


I remembered to take a picture after I had already eaten part of it. I'm smart like that. ha


The dogs... always the center of attention. 


 Entertainment... Lexy and Macy trying to whistle. They were unsuccessful but I can't say much, I'm pretty bad at it myself. 


Result=Laughter. We are pretty good at that.



Storm clouds rolling in. We are praying for some good rain but no hail. The wheat is extra fragile right now...
{We ended up just getting shower Monday night and some pretty good rain last night. So thankful for the rain and no hail.}


Cousins and sister! Do we look alike?! 


So, after eating way to much ice cream somebody (Adam) got the crazy idea to play "softball." We had 2 bases (trees) plus home (sidewalk). 

Spectators.

Yes, just two bases, Adam. It's okay. ;)
It was Adam and I against Macy, my Mom, and Lexy. Sophie joined our team later.


I'm certain Adam and I won...

Cooper was quite confused by it all. ha

No caption needed.

They tried to take me out the whole game. and yes that tree is dead. It didn't survive the drought last summer. :(

I tried to tell them that every time I made it home it equaled 3 points because Gus and Cooper were always right behind me. They didn't agree.

Homerun.
It was hot and I was so full of ice cream I thought I would be sick but it was fun anyway. My mom did end up taking me out. I was pitching and she hit it right into my ankle and there was no way I was fast enough to get out of the way. We had a good time though! I never laugh as much as I do when with my family. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love.this.post. !

1. Fun pictures! Is that Macy running into a tree??
2. I want to see an after picture of your living room!
3. Your pies and the ice cream look AMAZING.

Miss you all!