Friday, June 22, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy.

I'm a planner. I start everyday by planning out what I'm going to do and in what order. Let me tell you, it never goes the way I plan. Usually everything happens but a bunch of other things get thrown in the mix too and I have to change everything around and I get frustrated. I'm learning to be more flexible. I'm really trying. Not one day this summer has happened the way it is supposed to (according to me) and I'm really learning to just go with the flow. Most of the time. ha

Corn has pretty much taken over my life this week. This has been the ultimate crazy week. I mean crazy! I thought about it and I worked approximately 13 hours everyday. Between helping Luke in the garden, mowing, and helping my dad with everything, I stay busy! The sweet corn has really been growing and so some mornings we start picking at 6 am. I don't always start that early but I always start by 8. Today my family froze a little over 6 bushels (60 ears in a bushel) of corn. I literally fell asleep on lunch break. This afternoon was a little more relaxed because I just decided I would do some of the stuff I need to do next week. 

Now you know what has taken over my life but hopefully I will have a little more time to share stories this weekend. I have some good ones. :) For now I will leave you with a few corny pictures. hehe

All before 8 am.

Getting ready for co op! 

Lookin' rough. Rained on and to early for me. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Funny how I don't really look awake in any of these pictures...