Monday, June 4, 2012

Visit to Arkansas.

This past weekend I headed to Arkansas to visit friends. I got to stay with my friend Christy and it was so fun! :) Christy and I were roommates our freshman year in college and were best friends in high school so I am excited for her to be back home and closer so we can hang out more often. Saturday was a beautiful day and after church we decided to head to Crystal Bridges Museum. Neither of us had been and we both have heard lots of good things about it. It was really nice but I'm not much of an artsy person so it didn't take us to long to get through the museum because that is all that it is, art.


We discussed this painting for a little while. I think it is the only one that we discussed and it was one of the first paintings we looked at. ha At least we tried. Who wins?! 


This one was entitled "Summer Days." Can I please have a summer day like this?! I know, keep dreamin' Allyson.


Part of the museum.  It really is a neat place.


We even saw Pinocchio.


They have really nice walking trails that we walked around on after we went through the museum.


We attempted a timer shot. 


Self portrait. Excuse my scrunching chin. Someday I will perfect taking self portraits.


So, after the museum we headed over to some friends house to watch the thunder game and visit the "Naughty Mango." I don't even know how to explain that. ha It's not actually a place. Just there back porch and they have set up a "bar" and I had a yummy mango smoothie thing that I have been craving all day today because I sweated about 10 bazillion buckets. 


Of course the thunder won, I had a great time seeing friends and was sad to head back early the next morning to get back to work. We did go to the lake Sunday evening but I didn't actually get to do anything. Hopefully we can get our boat out soon! :) 

Perfect.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Justice said...

I love your hair curly! It looks so cute:D And it looks like so much fun! I love art galleries

Elle said...

I would looovvee Crystal Bridges. I need to make that a have to for our next visit. Looks like fun :) J probably won't agree lol. I think I remember hearing they have a Rockwell collection I would love to see.

Liz Brown said...

I looked at the picture for a little bit, and I couldn't decided who won either. What I wondered was, why is the bear seated? Makes it look like a snowy picnic that went wrong.

Elisa said...

Good thing they call it crystal bridges not crystal waters, that water looks pondish. Looks like you had fun :)