Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wanna Trade Eyeballs?!?!

I have been kind of MIA for awhile but I have a good excuse. Last Friday I tore my cornea. I have no idea how it happened but I went to the doctor and he said that it was just a small tear and would be a lot better the next day. Well that didn't happen. I went to Arkansas again this weekend for high school reunion with my mom and sister and I was miserable. My eye just kept getting worse and worse. 

Sunday morning on our way back we called my eye doctor and he wanted to see me as soon as we got home. He looked at it and said I had one of the worst ulcers he had seen. He had to take out my contact (which I was still wearing as a sort of band-aid) and it was pretty painful. I don't have any clue why, because it was not that painful, but I pretty much passed out. I never blacked out but my head was spinning, I felt like I was going to throw up, I was sweating uncontrollably and lost every bit of tan. It wasn't pretty and I have no clue why it happened. I have had way worse things happen to me but anyway, after that was over we headed home and I laid on the couch in darkness the rest of the day. I had to put drops in my eye every 30 minutes so I would just get to sleep and I would have to wake up again. That night I had to wake up every hour and put a drop in my eye. 

I had to go back to the doctor the next morning and he said it was improving but my eye was so dilated still I couldn't do much and it was still pretty painful. So, I laid around all day Monday and watched listened to way to many movies. Seriously, to many chick flicks!

Mr. Bear and Coopy to keep me company. It's hard to tell but my is pretty swollen. It looked pretty bad when I tried to open my eye. 

Tuesday I was able to do a little more but my eye was still really dilated so I just did stuff around the house. 

Today I went to market and am actually able to have lights on in the house and look at my computer screen. Yay!! 

It was pretty miserable and came at a really inconvenient time but it's getting better and I'm not going to go blind so it's okay! 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Oh, this makes me cringe. I am so very glad it's on the mend!