Friday, June 1, 2012

Partaaaay!!

We had some visitors on the farm yesterday and so we had a party. We like parties. :)

We ate fresh sweet corn, and yummy blackberry cobbler with homemade ice cream. 



Usually at our summer parties we swim in the pond but something crazy happened last night and it got really cold. There were a few brave souls.


The rest of us watched the crazies. ;)


And stood around the fire.


I'm telling you this weather has been crazy. One day it's 95 degrees and the next it's 75. (and it was colder than that when the sun started going down.)

They even got the sailboat out. Yes, we sail on our very tiny pond. Round and round. :)



Then, like all cool kids do, we jump roped. We started out playing school. Anybody else play that when they were younger?? We were serious jump roping nerds when I was in grade school. 

Then we moved on to other games and we seriously jump roped for approximately 2 hours and that is probably the approximate reason I could not bend my knee when I first got up this morning. I'm getting old. 



Yes, we are a bunch of college aged kids (some of us older) jump roping. We always seem to end up doing something random when we all get together. We are easily entertained. :)


It was such a fun evening and I was so sad to go to bed but I know there will be many more parties to come this summer. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

FUN! Can you believe I've never swam in a pond? I'm thinking I need to come visit so WE can party! Yes?

Elisa said...

Double fun! Double dutch! Double scoop! Goodness, my neck farmers tan is intense. I don't know what's going on there by the fire but it's not pretty :)

Elle said...

Looks like fun!! Though I'm not sure I would swim in the pond...I would be all over that sailboat! Love it. Also, love your new header!! So cute :)