Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Visiting California.

I'm finally getting the opportunity to post some pictures from my trip to California! 

I had the BEST time! It was so great to see family and friends. I wish I could have stayed longer but I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with them. 

I flew out Friday afternoon. I hurried home after class to drop Cooper off and so my mom could take me to the airport. 

Flying essentials: A snack and a good book. I actually studied the whole flight from Dallas to Ontario. That's the only time I studied over break. Whoops! ha


Almost there!


Shari picked me up from the airport and I spent Friday night and Sabbath with her. We had a great time catching up and soaking up the sunshine Sabbath afternoon. 



It was so nice and sunny in Loma Linda so we headed to the beach to eat supper at a restaurant on the beach. We went a little early so we could sit on the beach. It was so cold but nice to sit in the sand and watch the waves. 

Laguna Beach.






We even saw a few dolphins! And the pelicans are so fun to watch dive into the water. :) 




Then it was time to eat and it was some yummy food! The view was pretty great too. They had those standup heater things or we would have been freezing! 




We picked up some Starbucks on our way back! Perfect end to a fun filled day. 

Sunday was St. Patrick's Day. Shari loves green anyway so she went all out. Green pancakes and green milk... pancakes were good, milk was just a little weird (psychologically... it tasted normal. ha) 


 Aunt Diane picked me up about 11:00 Sunday morning and I finally got to meet Chase. Ashley had to work Sunday which was to bad. We visited the Adventist Book Center and Loma Linda Market before we headed back to Ashley and Jeffrey's house. I was happy to carry Chase around while Aunt Diane shopped. :) 


Such a happy little guy! 


I hadn't seen Jeffrey in 5 years and Ashley in 3 years so Sunday was spent catching up with Jeffrey and playing with Chase while we waited for Ashley to get off work. 


I woke up way to early because of the time difference. So the first morning Chase and I hung out so Ashley could get an extra hour or so of sleep. 



We spent 2 hours at Hobby Lobby on Monday. Just walking around! I found all kinds of fun stuff and Aunt Diane bought my birthday present a little early so we I could take it back with me. :) (more on that  later)

We wore poor Chase out. 


Tuesday we went shopping! It wasn't the most productive shopping trip but it was fun! 
I have decided they just have different clothes out there. haha We are going to have to take Ashley shopping this summer when they are here. 


I had to show everyone the "synchronized swimming" video. Chase was pretty mesmerized by it at least. haha


End of a long day of shopping.


I was soooo sad to leave everyone. We did a lot of just sitting around, talking and playing with Chase. It was so nice to catch up on life! I need to make this an annual thing (at least)! I have really been missing all of them this week. There is just nothing quite like family. Seriously, you guys need to move closer! I can't wait 'til they come visit in July!

{Looking at these pictures reinspired me to use my camera more. Almost all of these were taken with my phone, which takes good pictures, but not near as good as my camera. It's just so tempting to use my phone, just in case I want to instagram it (ha!) and I always have it with me. Plus it is so much smaller and more portable. But I look waaayyy less pale when I use my actual camera (ha!) and the pictures are just so much better.}

No comments: