Wednesday, September 21, 2011

dairy lab.

Have I mentioned that I love cows?? This afternoon I got a break from the books and went out to OSU Dairy for a couple hours. I got to wear my muck boots and when I left I had cow poop all over my jeans.  :) I know I'm so weird! ha 

We walked around and looked at all the different ages of cows. Learned all kinds of fun facts about dairy cows and then we got to head into the parlor to milk some cows.

These are some young heifers that are just hanging out in the pasture until they getting big enough to be bred. 

In the parlor

Holstein cows are the sweetest animal someone could deal with. Holstein bulls/steers are the absolute meanest animal someone could deal with. More than one professor has told us this fun fact. 

I'm not good at taking pictures with my phone obviously... ha

Calf hutch and some mamas heading back out after being milked.

I seriously want one! Soooooo cute! :)

All these pictures where taken with my phone so they aren't the greatest quality and most are a bit blurry but, as everyone knows, I'm a little obsessed with taking pictures. I don't wanna be the weird girl that carries her camera everywhere but I'm really tempted!

Well I need to study anatomy so I can take care of these cute boogers some day! 

No comments: