Tuesday, September 27, 2011

humble abode.

When I say humble, I mean humble. ha My apartment is tiny. It is more like an efficiency but it is really working out nicely. The first few weeks I had some issues and considered finding a new place but I'm getting a routine now and things are a lot better. My mom and I put a lot of work into fixing up this little place and I have a few before pictures but we had already started cleaning so it's not to drastic of a difference. I don't have a lot of storage but I really like being out here away from things. Ask me how I feel when it is 2 degrees outside and I have to use the wall heater... 
I forgot to take a picture of the outside of the barn so we will start with the front door. 


My front door. It is inside the barn so I have to walk through the barn to get into my house.

These pictures don't depict the size of the place very well but at least what it looks like.
My tiny closet. Plenty big enough for me though.

Desk made in 1890 by my great grandpa I believe. I found it in the old farmhouse. I guess my Aunt Sharon found it in the shop when she moved here filled with tractor manuals. She cleaned it up and had it in her house until she moved again. I have now claimed it! :)

I love, love, love quilts! and yes I still sleep with my Mr. Bear. 

Table/desk for studying

I can't have much company. ha

Way to many books! 

My tiny kitchen... there are roosters on the curtains. Yes, I know I'm an old lady. 

The shower is pretty tiny, and I have had to bring back the skills I learned at Ozark for shaving my legs. 



I even have a flower bed. Now if only I could find time to fix it up and plant a few flowers.

The view from my kitchen window. :)
I love being able to leave my windows open all the time, and still feel safe. I have also really enjoyed the peace and quiet. It took a little while but it is starting to feel sort of like home. I get to go to my real house every weekend though so it's not quite the same as moving away. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Allyson- I love it! You did such a lovely job with your country decor.