Wednesday, September 21, 2011

foster.

This morning Julie and I did a physical exam on Foster the alpaca. We were both a little hesitant because llamas and alpacas spit on people when they don't like what you are doing. The hospital has a llama that we don't do anything with because even if you get close to her stall she spits on you. Her name is Delilah and just watching her is hilarious. She definitely thinks she is queen of the barn. 

Foster was perfectly nice to us though. He is just a really funny animal. He has had surgery on his ear and has something wrong with a drainage canal or something on the left side of his head. ( that sounds like I really know what I'm talking about I'm sure. ha but I can't remember the exact terms.) His left ear flops over and he would just look at us with the most hilarious expressions. He seemed very annoyed with us but thankfully he didn't spit! We both wanted to get a picture with him but we talked to much to the fourth year and had to hurry to not be late to class. Maybe in the morning I can get a picture with him but for now this one will do. 

I was trying to capture the look he kept giving us really quick before I left, but I was using the camera on my phone so it's not very clear. Maybe in the morning. 

I am really enjoying this husbandry thing, I just don't enjoy leaving my apt when it is still dark outside. It's only for a week though so I think I can make it. ;) 

I have a couple free hours before I head to the dairy for Zootech lab so I'm going to try and get some studying accomplished. I'm sure I will have pictures to share from the dairy. Everyone says it is a lot of fun! :)

No comments: