Monday, September 26, 2011

a monday.

So, today was an ultimate Monday. I had histology test which I know I did really bad on. I just didn't have the time to study for it that I needed, and it was just a really hard test. After a physiology test and anatomy "quiz" last week I was just burned out! 

Then, I got my physiology quiz, that we also took last week, and it was just really bad. Needless to say, I was really frustrated! I have got to get refocused... Please pray for me, I'm really struggling in the focusing area. 

This evening I went to the CVF missions meeting. CVF stands for Christian Veterinary Fellowship. They presented the mission trip they took to Honduras this past summer. It's basically the same as the trips I have been on except they add veterinary to medical and dental. The students get to do all the surgeries, mainly spay and neuter, and get to give all kinds of shots and dewormer. The vet that goes with the group just supervises. So it is really good experience! They do sort of like vbs stuff for the kids but that was the only spiritual thing I could really tell they did. Also, it really bothered me that the people presenting the trip where the same two girls that hosted the anatomy party for our class. (After the first big anatomy test they invited us all out to basically get drunk and they would provide the alcohol.) I don't know, just seemed a bit hypocritically to me but who am I to judge? Anyway, It looks like a lot of fun and you can go basically anywhere you want. If there isn't a trip planned to the place you want to go, then you just let CVM know and they will set it up for you. They have a trip planned for Mongolia that I think would be really cool! Or go back to Africa. I don't know, anywhere in South America would be cool too! :) 

This weekend I brought the cat Jennifer got for me back to my apartment. I have had a bit of a mice problem and I don't want to deal with any more mice traps. Gross and totally ruins my day! So Jennifer was sweet and got me a cat, or actually gave me Addison's cat because she decided she wanted to keep the kitten. :) Her name is Lynx, Addison named her. :) Last night when I went to bed she was just laying outside in the barn so I thought she would just stay around the barn. Well I got up this morning I couldn't find her, so I got a little concerned. I was going to feel terrible if she ran away! I have been praying all day that she would come back when she got hungry or thirsty. Well tonight while I was talking on the phone with my mom I heard a cat meowing! I opened the door and there she was!!! :) I reminded her where the food was and then let her in my apartment for a little while. God really does watch out for us. Even in the little things. I really needed this reminder today. She is really playful and sweet!! I'm not getting much accomplished because she wants to be on my computer while I'm typing... cats really aren't my favorite creature but as long as she keeps the mice under control I think I can learn to love her. haha She has finally settled down and is just laying on my lap now. I will post a picture of her soon.

I worked on cleaning my apartment this evening for a little study break. I will hopefully post some pictures tomorrow.  Tuesdays are my easy day at school so I'm hoping to get a lot of other stuff done. I'm really trying to work on my procrastination problem. ;) Even though I have been struggling with school stuff lately, I just keep reminding myself that I didn't get into vet school without God and I'm not going to get through it without Him. He has a plan for my life and I just have to remember to do my part and trust Him to do the rest. 

I know this verse is sometimes overused but right now it is a great reminder and I really like the way the Message translation puts it. 

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."
Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)

No comments: