Wednesday, November 9, 2011

hikin'.

Sabbath afternoon we went on a hike behind the house. It was really nice but a bit cold! There are some "cliffs" about a mile or so east of our house so we hiked back there. We left from Uncle Mark's house so I took the dogs over there so they could come along. They were very excited!! haha They got to ride in the car and they got a lot of attention! We started out down the trail and Gus got distracted so he disappeared. I yelled at him and he came back but he is slightly ADD and disappeared again. I guess when I yelled the next time he just assumed I was at the house and so he headed home so he wouldn't be in trouble. He got to the house and I wasn't there but my parents were there and they said he howled and whined until I got home, which was about a hour later. ha Poor guy... maybe that will teach him a lesson. Jake, on the other hand, stayed right around us. He is getting a little old and by the time we got home he was really limping. :( There was a lot of climbing involved though. 

Aunt Caroline's friend from school came out with her husband and Jasper's new friend brought her girls out too. It really was a perfect Sabbath afternoon. Crisp air, good company, and pretty scenery! 

Lexy wore shorts, crazy girl! 


No water... there probably is now, after that quakenado. 

Family and "extended" family.

I love candids, especially of Uncle Mark! I have some real winners. ha

Worn out from the climb.


Not quite Tennessee but we had a pretty fall this year. 



Almost home, Jake was pretty worn out by this time and was bringing up the back of the pack,



The wheat is coming up nicely.


It's sad to live for the weekends and just try and make it through the part in between but I don't know what I would do without the weekend.

P.S. my blog has got like 400 hits since I posted about that quakenado. haha I guess it shows up when people google it. It's interesting to see the key words that brings it up on people's search engines.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Loving the fall colors! Our part of TN doesn't seem to get a whole lot...well I guess I shouldn't complain its just not like Chattanooga or the Smokies.

Crazy you got so many hits!! The same thing happened to me the other day when I posted a DIY project. I had almost 500 hits just from that one post. Blogging is bizarre. lol