Tuesday, November 1, 2011

hayride.

This weekend was our annual church hayride out at the Busby's. Kody came over Sabbath afternoon and Julie brought Jared out too. We carved pumpkins then headed over to the farm to show Jared around. The dogs came with us so when we climbed the grain tower they got a little freaked out... Here are some pictures from the weekend. 


The dogs looking for us.

Made it all the way to the top this time! no wasps. :)

Gus LOVES riding in the car. 

We went and visited my Uncle Mark's bird collection. (I think Kody took this picture because I don't remember taking it at all. ha)

We headed to Ernie and Sharon's early to help set up and to meet there new Belgian mules. 

They are the sweetest things ever. 

Just like big puppy dogs! :)

John is a little skinny, but he is a pretty old. 

Yes, my boyfriend has his pants tucked in his boots. I'm slowly transforming him... ;) oh, and Sharon was trying to escape the picture. 

John! I was ready to take them both home with me.

Flying through the pecan grove. It was so pretty but there was no slowing down! ha

I love fall! This picture doesn't come close to showing the colors we have because of the sunlight but I'm really surprised by all the color we have this fall. It's actually one of the prettiest fall seasons I remember. 




Hanging a lantern.

Waiting for the hayriders. 

Julie and Jared did one of the stations. They were such good sports. I didn't think about how normal people probably have a hayride during the day so they probably weren't quite prepared for all this but they were great sports and seemed to have a good time. We love having them come out! :)

So much fun!

The pumpkins we carved. The nose on my cow got a little heavy and broke off but it still turned out way better than I thought it would. We didn't have the best tools. Julie and Jared carved the one on the right, and Kody helped me. 
The hayride was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect! Just cold enough to stand around the fire and snuggle up on the hayride. 

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Those are really nice pictures, Allyson! I am very impressed with your carving skills. I have attempted it- very challenging and I did nothing like your creative cow.

Allyson said...

I'm not very good at it either. If you look really close you can see the safety pin that is holding it's nose in place... but it was fun! We missed you at the hayride and all the other cousins too. Can't wait for Thanksgiving! :)

Elle said...

Love all the pictures!! Especially the pretty scenery. I miss that right now...the city is not pretty. Love your pumpkin!! Too cute :)