Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving.

I had such a great break! There were a bunch of people at the farm and we had a blast. This post will be mostly pictures because I have a lot of pictures. Thanksgiving morning was eventful as always. We worked cows. There was a lot of people there this year and a lot of people who had never done anything like that so we had a lot of eager helpers. I think everyone had a good time and no one got hurt to bad. (Besides some bruises and scratches)

I will let the pictures tell the story of how the morning went. :)

It was a bit foggy as we started rounding up the cows.



Elisa giving an injection. Pro! :)

I feel like Andrew, Luke and I are really making a fashion statement in this picture. ha There are a lot of funny things in this picture to me. I have a "stylish" knitted ear warmer over my redneck, camo hat. Luke's hat is tilted quite humorously. Andrew has a very stylish hat on, and is holding a shepherd's hook. (we are working cows not sheep, but it does work good to get the cows moving) I'm not judging anyones wardrobe just amused. ha

I believe this is Sally smashed in with a wild cow. Poor Sally... Elisa is consoling her.

Macy's friend Julie came all the way from Tennessee to join us for Thanksgiving. 

Wild Cow!

She got stuck...


They had to cut her out!

It was quite exciting!
She made it out fine! Thank goodness she wasn't a wild one.
I <3 cows!


Macy even helped out this year.

Julie, working hard! 

I had to put this up because William cracks me up in it. I literally laughed out loud.

Andrew doin' a jig.

I'm unsure what is happening her but it looks serious.



Action!!

Such a cutie! 



Add caption

"Maybe he will just fall over if we push hard enough." LOL


I didn't actually castrate anything but I did help Luke search for what I'm going to say was a distended testicle.  

Weirdo's dissecting a testicle.
I don't have any normal people pictures of Thanksgiving because my camera got filled with cow pictures and old pictures so I have no pictures of the amazing lunch we had or the fun stuff we did the rest of the weekend.

After we finished up the cows we headed home to feast, and boy was it a feast! :) We then went over to the farm to show Julie's friend Lindsey and Macy's Julie around the farm. We climbed the grain tower and then headed home for a crazy game of Dutch Blitz. It was one of the craziest games of Dutch Blitz I have played in a long time. It was so much fun! Between Steven and Macy it was very hard to concentrate but we had a GREAT time. It was great to have everyone home and spend time with family.

Friday, my mom and I braved black Friday. Not really, just Atwood's. We got some really great deals though. :) Kody came over Friday night and we all spent the evening reading Christmas stories. (more like me reading and everyone listening, except my dad and Kody falling asleep. ha)

Sabbath, I taught the Sabbath School lesson on the spur of the moment, cousin Steven was there (very happy about that) and I had to talk for part of the sermon. (yikes!) It was really a great Sabbath.

Saturday night we had a hayride. It was pretty chilly and very windy! It was fun though! The "younger" people played sardines but I didn't play because I didn't want to make Kody sit there by himself (he has a hurt knee that doesn't need to step in a hole in the dark.) We had fun singing around the fire. We headed home and were going to play games but instead I completely passed out on the couch. ha 

Sunday was back to reality and studying. Boo! Only a little over 2 weeks left. Crazy! 

This is pretty brief but I need to get back to studying anatomy. I have a test Friday! 

Hope everyone of you had as great a Thanksgiving as I did! I have so much to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! I am thankful for you!