Thursday, September 13, 2012

perception.


Fall is my favorite season, besides the part that I have to start school again. Every year I struggle with being happy where I am when the weather starts to change. I just want to be outside... riding horses, working on the farm, whatever. But instead I am stuck inside studying or sitting in class. Last year I really felt like I had a bad attitude about it and it didn't help my grades by any means. This year I am trying to take on a new perspective. Instead of longing to be outside, I open my windows or go outside and study. I seriously feel so much happier and motivated. I remind myself that in a few years I will be done with this, won't be going back to school during my favorite time of the year and instead will be out taking care of cows, doing what I love. Patience is not a virtue I am strong in but I really feel like being thankful for where I am today and what I am getting to do is helping. 

I truly am thankful for the opportunities that I have right now and I think this quote sums it up well. No matter what is going on in my life, if I start getting upset, I just remind myself that I really have nothing to be upset about. I give it to God, knowing he will take care of it and I move on. I just feel so much better about life. My stress level has definitely dropped and I am happy! (even if I am a little sick right now.)

P.S. I have my first Pharmacology test in the morning and I have surgery rounds in the clinics today. Say a little prayer for me. If I got a little light headed last week this week is going to be rough because I'm definitely not feeling so hot. I think that is the root of all the light headedness (is that a word??) this past few weeks.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I'm trying to have a better attitude about school this year too. Thanks for even more motivation :)

Praying for you!