Thursday, September 20, 2012

study break!

I have a little flower bed type thing in front of my house and I have been so anxious to plant flowers in it. Last week we (Julie and I) decided we had a few extra minutes and headed to Lowe's. They didn't hardly have anything! A few mums and what was left from the summer but we found a few things and decided to plant them and fill in when more flowers came out. (I had pansies in mind) When I was at Wal-mart yesterday I was so excited to find lots of flowers! :) So I went a little crazy and bought a few to many but it is just hard to beat 6 plants for $1.60! Of course then I locked myself out of my car so maybe it was a sign... since I never put things in my trunk but I put all these flowers in there and locked my keys in with them. ha Anyway, I digress.

Julie and I decided to get out and enjoy the sunshine while we had a few minutes. It was definitely a good break from all the studying that has been happening around here the past few days! 


 I had a few pots at home that were just left from previous bought plants, etc. We filled them up too! 


Yes, that is basil. It smells so good and I will move it in when it gets to cold. It was on sale so I couldn't pass it up. Also the yellowish/pinkish/reddish mums were only 75 cents each. They were about dead when we found them. But they have come back to life and have started this weird stripy thing. They were solid yellow when I got them. I really like what they are doing though. :) 




I think it makes it look so much better! Thanks for all your help Julie! It was way more fun than if I would have done it all by myself. Leslee actually helped us last week some too but she was in lab today. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh! I love it!

Elle said...

Soo cute! I love the stripey look the mums are showing off. Your basil plant looks great! I just pruned mine back hoping it will come back to life soon....cross your fingers lol

Denise Lopatka said...

love your flower bed! so glad i found your blog! xox