Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day.

This is the first year I have been single on Valentine's day since eighth grade. Not a statement I'm really proud of but that's how it goes. 

I thought I was really going to be a hater this year but I just can't. What can I say, I'm a sucker for love.

I ran into Wal-mart because I needed trash bags. (Of all things) I don't know what I was thinking! It was a mad house in there. But as I stood in line for what seemed like forever, I watched guys picking out flowers for their girl and reading through what was left of the cards to find one just right for that special person in their life. I just had to smile. Yes, maybe they did wait 'til the last minute and so maybe it isn't so romantic but it still made me smile. 

I won't be getting any flowers today but I did get sweet cards from my family. I know that I am loved even if I don't have a special guy in my life right now. 

I have big plans to soak my incredibly soar muscles in a bubble bath and then snuggle up with Coop with some popcorn and a chick flick tonight. :) 


I will leave you with my favorite song right now. (I'm slightly obsessed with Josh Turner :))


***A friend of mine posted this to Facebook and I just had to add it to this post.


Now that is a romantic Valentine's card. ;)

And... I hope some sweet guy gives me this someday. haha


Happy Love Day!

3 comments:

Annaliese said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful plans for tonight! I'm quite jealous of the bubble bath... being at college we only have showers. :-(

xoxo Miss ALK

http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

Elisa said...

haha, well you should know that this old cousin loves you :)

henning love said...

i think i realized i was an adult when i needed to run to walmart on a friday night to get some lightbulbs and paper towels because it was the responsible thing to do and i couldn't ask my mom to do it for me. sigh.. adult problems!