Monday, February 18, 2013

"Synchronized Swimming"

Saturday night our church school had a Talent Show/Bake Sale. I didn't realize this until Sabbath morning at church. I knew there was a bake sale but hadn't heard about the talent show part. So during potluck we thought of some pretty crazy ideas but I'm not so sure we could have pulled them off quite like this one. Sabbath afternoon, I told Adam to come over to my house because we needed to practice our skit. I don't think he knew what he was getting into but he is always a willing soul. We quickly wrote down a few things and "practiced"a few times. I decided that Gilbert and his girls would be a great asset to our skit so I called them and asked them to grab some shorts and t-shirt/tank top so they could help us out, just as it was time to head out the door. Elisa was already in on the plan, and of course, she had the perfect outfit. A diving suit! She is quite the thrifter and has an outfit for just about everything. :) Andrew decided not to join us. We practiced twice between supper and the bake sale and I think it turned out quite nicely. We weren't "synchronized" really but it just makes it even more funny. 

I have 2 different angles and they are both funny in their own way to me so I decided to just post them both. The first is probably a little better, except when my dad was laughing so hard he forgot he was videoing and cut a few people out of the frame. :) Enjoy!



Here are a few more pictures from the evening. (Sorry some are a little blurry. Most are taken with my phone and I was a little far away.)


Lots of yummy baked goods.


Gilbert was the auctioneer until he lost his voice and then my mom took over. 


I didn't get pictures of all the talents but Sophie played a song on the piano. 


Madalyn and Anna played a song on their ukelele's and sang. 


Some of the school students were sick but the girls still pulled off their "LOVE" skit with the help of their teacher. So cute!


And yes... if you didn't notice in the earlier picture, this fashion statement happened. :) 


Love these girls! 


It was such a fun evening and something that needs to happen more often! Now I'm off to study! I really wanted to get that video posted though. So many people have been asking to see it.  

P.S. I need a tan! 

4 comments:

Elisa said...

It was a fun night! Thanks for posting the videos :)

Emily said...

Oh my. I hope that the Russian swim team will see this picture... they might up their routine to match yours! Impressed!

Emily said...

Oh my. I hope that the Russian swim team will see this picture... they might up their routine to match yours! Impressed!

Elle said...

Ha! Looks like a blast. Loving the outfits