Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Run.

I have been doing really good about exercising everyday. Well, except for today. I splurged and got some ice cream with Julie thinking I would go run and burn it off. Not so much, it made me feel pretty nasty so I took a nap instead. ha I haven't been eating sweets, really at all, so I guess it was a shock to my system. It sure was yummy though! 

Anyway, when I'm at school it is a lot harder to make myself exercise. I have found a place I don't mind running but it is just a pain to have to come home, get Cooper, change my clothes and drive there. When I am at home (the farm) it's so nice. I can just run down the driveway and go wherever I want. 


When I'm home Gus and Jake always come along and keep me company. 




My favorite place to run is down the road, through the fields, to this oil well.


Mainly because it is also the old vehicle graveyard. Many things have been sold but there are a few old trucks and an old car that apparently was my great grandmas. 



My dad has told me stories about some of these vehicles. One in particular I remember is about this truck. My great grandpa had Parkinson's and when he was older and couldn't get around he would ride around with people, etc. I believe it was this truck he was riding in, in OKC to pick up seed (?) with Uncle Russell (?) and it flipped on a sharp corner. 

I should really check my facts. ha But anyway, you get the idea. Lots of family history/stories here. :) 


I really enjoy this time by myself. Sometimes I listen to music but sometimes I don't and just use that time to think. It's not like I'm running a super long ways and I'm far from fast but I'm working on it. I'm happy to be doing more than just sitting around. 


I'm determined to be healthier and be in better shape before this summer. :) 

3 comments:

Elle said...

I hope you have some of these pictures framed in your house! So great. And I, too, am trying to get my butt into shape. It's a slow progress and I regress on every cold day lol.

Elisa said...

I am so proud of you! I am going to be fat and lazy when summer gets here :)

Elisa said...

ps- LOVE the photos