Wednesday, March 2, 2011

interview.

I had my vet school interview Friday, Febuary 18. I was freaking out a few days before but the day of I was surprisingly calm and collected. I went a little early so I could visit my work buddies and see how there interviews went which helped calm me down. It wasn't as stressful as everyone made it out to be... The most nerves I felt through the whole thing was when the guy came out and said "Allyson Fisher, we are ready for you!" When I walked in they introduced themselves then told me to have a seat and pick a card. There was 4 stacks of notecards. Each stack was a different color. Throughout the interview a card would be taken from each stack. So i picked the first one and read the question. My 4 questions were:
1. What does it mean to be a member of a profession? (Didn't go so well. ha)
2. You are working on a project and your professor notices you are doing something wrong. How do you want to be told you need to change what  you are doing? (Saved the interview with this one.)
3. How do you recognize stress in your life? And how do you deal with stress in your life? (This one definitely didn't start out good. I wasn't sure what to say about how I recognize stress in my life. But the other half saved it.)
4.  Define Animal Welfare. Define Animal Rights. (This one went REALLY good.)

Each question I was able to answer then draw from experiences and stuff to make it relative to me. They were very interested in what I wanna do with a clinic on the farm and they loved that I have experience with poultry. Not many people can say that!

At the end of the interview they asked me if there was anything that hadn't come up in the interview that I thought they should know about me. So, I told them about Africa! They loved it! They told me about the school in South Africa, and the veterinary mission trips the school takes. They thought it was all just so cool.

I felt really good about the whole thing but you just never know. I have left it in God's hands and am trying to remember I can't do anything about it anymore so I'm just waiting. They started sending out letters on the first and are supposed to be done on the fourth so I should know by next week. AH!

I will post the results as soon as I know! Hopefully it's a happy blog!! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man. This is super exciting! I can't wait for your next blog (but will probably find out before you post a blog... : )

Putting it all in God's hands was a good idea. Now the waiting. ahhhhh!!!

Elisa said...

Those are some hard questions to answer in an interview. Good job!