Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break Day 1: Fire, Dog Bath, and Gardening

Today was the first full day of spring break. Yesterday I didn't do anything expect get my haircut and wash my car. So, today I was ready to be outside in the lovely 75 degree weather. I got a lot done and a lot was going on today.

I started the day off by cleaning my room (unpacking). I had decided last week when I was home that I was going to give Jake a bath over break because he smelled terrible, and so I set out to do just that this morning. Oh boy, was it an adventure! I wish someone was here to video it or take pictures. It was hilarious!

I didn't want to give him a bath outside because I was afraid he would get cold because the wind was blowing really hard. So, I brought him inside. Well, he was ecstatic! He loves getting to step foot in the house. He has never been upstairs though. I knew my mom would kill me if I used her bathtub downstairs so I took him upstairs to use my bathtub.

He has never been up stairs so it was quite a site to watch him maneuver the steps. It didn't hit me until we were upstairs that he was gonna have to go back down and had probably never done that before either. When we got up there he wouldn't hardly move. Somehow he knew he was higher than the normal ground and watching him walk was hilarious. He finally got in the bathtub but it didn't last long. He was scared to death... I'm sure he would have been fine if we were downstairs but somehow he knew things were different. I decided to take him downstairs and just use warm water outside. But. to get outside we had to go down the stairs and there was no amount of coaxing that was going to convince him to go down those stairs. I finally gave in and carried him, all 110 pounds and flailing legs, down the stairs. It was exciting to say the least. Once downstairs he was perfectly fine and ran all over the house. He finally got a bath outside. He isn't much cleaner probably but he definitely smells better! I wish I had pictures. :)

We were surrounded by fires all day! 

It was VERY windy all day so the fires were pretty much out of control! 


We got  the garden started! It is about 3X as big as last year. It's still not huge but it's nice to be able to walk out in the back yard if we need something. It's fun for me... Although this year I will probably be helping Luke a lot more and get my fill of gardening. haha


My dad and I love these chips. The Salsa Sunchips or whatever they are called. Well, the bag is supposed to decompose in a year so my dad decided to test it out. He "planted" this bag in my garden about a year ago. When he was tilling up the garden he found the bag. Hasn't changed a bit! I monitored it all last summer and didn't see any change so I don't how they think they decompose...


Cheyenne is shedding!! YAY! Hopefully she keeps shedding! I'm gonna get her thyroid checked. That is what a lot of vets have told me to do so we will see. Hopefully we don't have to go through another summer like last year!


The trees are all budding! It has been such a nice day! Besides the wind and fires... It is supposed to be a gorgeous week and I plan to take full advantage of it! 



I had a very busy day! Lots of being outside and enjoying the sun!

Happy Sabbath!!

P.S. I wrote this out Friday evening but our internet quit working so I am just now able to post it!

No comments: