Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Africa

Well I have been back from Africa for a few weeks now. So everyone pretty much knows about the trip but just for the sake of it I'm gonna post a few pics of the fun we had. I wanna be back there right now... I miss it! Even the annoying guy I had to work with, Rob. He could maybe just stay home. haha


  The first day we were there, Kody and I went to the orphanage with Sharon to help her get things started. The kids were so cute and it was a lot of fun. But there were people who were better suited for the orphanage than the job site so we were happy to trade.




 There were about 5 groups that went around putting up the frames and then a group came behind us and put on the roof. We got pretty quick and could get about 3 frames up a day. 





After working we headed to Hwange Safari Lodge. It was awesome! It's the off season so we were there basically by ourselves so it was really nice.









After the safari we went to Victoria Falls! The hotel we stayed at was super fancy but of course Bill got it for about a fourth the price. haha





 It's the rainy season so we couldn't actually see the main falls there was so much mist. The mist was so much that it felt like it was pouring. We got soaked but it was still a lot of fun!



 Don't know what I would have done without her on the trip. :)
 We went on a sunset cruise Saturday evening. It was so nice and relaxing!




 We rode the elephants and saw around 9 giraffes up really close.


 Kody did some really crazy stuff from the top of this gorge. Like a huge swing and zipline... Not my forte!




We also went on a walk with the lions. It's a program that is breeding lions to release into the wild. 

The trip was so much fun and it wouldn't have been the same without Ernie and Sharon and Kody. I got to know so many other fun people too and got to know people I already knew even better. Even through roommate troubles, men with a problem with us girls working, and everything the devil threw my way, I gained such a blessing and grew so much closer to God. Mission trips always remind me of how much I have and remind me to be thankful for every little thing. Don't take things for granted! These people who have nothing are so much happier and never complain. It is so encouraging! :) 

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Ah, those pictures of snuggling with the lions are so cool! Beautiful pictures, wonderful experience!

Elle said...

Loove all your Africa pictures :)