Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jake.

I don't share about Jake often. It's not because I don't love him as much as the other two or anything like that. Let's face it, these two goobers are just more entertaining... 


Saturday afternoon I laid out on a blanket in the yard and soaked up the sunshine. The dogs, of course, joined me, while my parents laid in the hammock. 
I was playing with different settings on my camera, just trying to figure out things. I have had it for a year now and still don't know how to use it to its capacity. 
Jake was the perfect subject. He just laid there and let me take approximately 100 pictures of him. (maybe not quite a hundred. ha.)
Gus and Cooper ran around and dug up bones. 


 Jake is one of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet. He may look a little scary when you first pull up the driveway but he really is a softy. He weighs over a hundred pounds and is just a big boy. I can see how he is intimidating. 
He is super scared of storms! He lays on the mat by the back door all curled up and won't move. He rarely sleeps in the garage unless there is a storm. He is our weatherman. ha 


He is starting to get a few grey hairs, and has arthritis pretty bad in his right back leg but that doesn't slow him down. 
He has deciding that he doesn't want to ride in the car anymore so every time I take the dogs with me, he just runs beside the car. No amount of coaxing can convince him to ride. 


Jake's only downfall is that he loves skunks. He knows he is in trouble if he gets sprayed and stays way out in the yard, but that doesn't matter. We can still smell it. It is almost like an addiction or something. He just keeps finding them. Oh, and we have to keep an eye on him because he loves to lay in the flower bed. 

You can read more about how I got Jake here. (he is toward the bottom)

P.S. I only have 6 finals left and 1 quiz! 

3 comments:

Elle said...

love his cute face!

& goodluck on your remaining finals and quiz!

Elle said...

me again! I tagged you :) I know you'll be busy for the next couple weeks but maybe when life slows down....

happy wednesday!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

ummm, you had me at "4 legged family" tab. Jake, Gus, Cooper, I love you all. And my lab Sherman would LOVE to hang out one day.