Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend.

I haven't been a very good blogger lately. Honestly, I just don't have much to say. This weekend I picked more asparagus. I'm pretty sure I have eaten asparagus for every meal, besides breakfast, lately. I only picked Friday and for about an hour Sunday though.
 I planted my garden on Friday as well. Everyone always asks why I have a garden if I work in a big garden all summer. "Aren't you tired of it?!" Well not really... my garden is small enough that I don't really have to do a whole lot but watch things grow and then I can have as many tomatoes as I want. ;)  

I planted 11 tomato plants, 2 jalapeno plants, 2 sweet banana pepper plants (we love them on sandwiches), basil and some kind of weird spicy basil that I'm testing out. I also planted sunflower seeds and am planning on planting some green beans in the empty spot in the middle. Oh, and I planted a blueberry and raspberry bush this year. We will see how that turns out. :) The lavender and rosemary have been growing for a few years and they smell quite lovely. Now I'm just waiting for things to grow.



I also went to the Chiropractor on Friday and he was pretty amazed at how out of align my neck was. He fixed me up but my neck was so sore on Saturday that I was pretty much down for the count. It is soooo much better now though! My mom bought me the movie "We Bought A Zoo" so I watched that. Loved it!! I need a zoo now... 

My little cousins, Aunt and grandparents were at our house this weekend for Easter. Sunday we colored and hunted eggs! 


Adam










Some of the finished product!
We started to hide the eggs for the kids and I quickly realized we had a problem. Gus was going to eat them all if he could reach them. I spent the rest of the time trying to distract him and I feel like I said "Gus, NO!!" about 100 times. It was kinda humorous though.



He was determined! Yes, Brett is wearing Macy's Muck boots. He only face dived twice. ha

They were having a blast.
 I took pictures of some of the flowers in the yard while I was distracting Gus. 

Snowball bush in full bloom. I don't know what it is technically called...


Someday I will get a picture of him that is not blurry, but they are entertaining through the blur. 



See that egg?! Yep, he ate at least half a dozen. Even though I was trying to keep an eye on him. 
He also led the kids to many eggs. They just had to get them before he did. 


Worn out from all the hunting.
 Gus doesn't hold still very often... no typical basset.


Seriously, they had a blast playing. See that white blur? That's Cooper, he never stopped and Gus likes to take breaks and roll around on the grass.


 Cooper was a mess and he isn't supposed to have a bath for a week because of his surgery. He got his feet washed though. He was feeling back to normal!


Jake didn't want to hang out with us. He got bored and went and laid out in the sun so I don't have many pictures of him. 

I know there are more pictures of the dogs than people but I spent my time entertaining the dogs and, after all, they are my kids. 

I also spent a small amount of time trying to study but wasn't very productive so I should go do that now. 

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter and remembered the real reason for the holiday, that Christ died and rose again so that we may be saved! 

4 comments:

Emily said...

I watched "We Bought A Zoo" on Sat night too! Cute movie.

Elle said...

Envious of your garden! We are going to try a little garden in pots--tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. My little seedlings are looking pretty good :) Wish I had your expert green thumb to help though.

The pictures from Easter are too cute. Gus eating the eggs! Lol. We did a mini egg hunt for Coop, but I really missed out on dying eggs :(

Hope you have a great week!!

Sarah said...

Your basset is adorable!! And you are right, they are just about impossible to get pictures of!

Meredith Sledge said...

Awww, so fun!! I'm obsessed with that picture of all the colorful eggs! I'm putting that on Pinterest! LOVE.