Monday, October 24, 2011

lovely weekend. Part 2.

Sunday Amber and Leslie joined us at the farm. We made applesauce and toured the farm and did fun "farmy" things. 

Yummy!

Working hard. :)



Work is way more fun when you have friends to share it with. 

Even my dad helped us out.



Brett and Emma got tired of helping us and went out to play with the dogs. They had them all on leashes, including Piper. At one point we looked out the window and the dogs were practically dragging them by. It would have been a hilarious picture but everyone's hands were sticky. 
 We took a little break while the apples were cooking, and headed over to the farm to check things out. 

Lots of pictures were taken. 

Dad joined our tour to fill in the gaps of info I didn't know/couldn't remember.

Explaining the scales.
 After our tour we came back to work on applesauce some more and visit the horses. We took some of the apple peels and cores out to them.

Gus is a little weird and eats everything. He ate a lot of apple cores. I'm surprised he didn't get a tummy ache.

Amber put poor Gussy in a box... he wasn't to thrilled.




That afternoon we headed out with Robert and Grandma to see some cows. Robert has been doing a lot of work on my Grandma's land and it is really looking nice. He brought an extra 4-wheeler out so we could ride around. Amber and Julie had never ridden on a 4-wheeler before so it was a lot of fun.




I love fall and Oklahoma.


Amber was like a little kid. :)



After our adventure.


Robert showed us the barn, pens, and chute he built. He is proud of it and he deserves to be. I am impressed! I did give him one idea he was going to change though. ;)
We had a lot of fun. We introduced the girls to some new food as well, haystacks and peanut butter, applesauce toast. 2 of my favorite foods! I think they liked them. :) We also went on a wild goose chase for Gus and Piper. They disappeared for awhile. I gave Julie a heart attack on the 4-wheeler because I was in a hurry. I also didn't know she had never ridden on one before. ha But we found Gus way out in the pasture and Jake found Piper and brought her back (literally) I have the best dogs, except for when Gus wanders off and Jake finds skunks. 

I'm sure I have forgotten something because we did so much. But I hope they all had fun because I certainly enjoyed having them over. Also, all of this really made me ready for Thanksgiving when everyone will be home! :) I miss having people around to do stuff with.

[You can probably see a lot more pictures on my profile that Amber and Julie took.]

No comments: