Monday, October 24, 2011

lovely weekend.

Soo... as I said before, last week was midterms and things got crazy. So this weekend I had some fun! I'm going to divide this into 2 posts because we did so much I have a million pictures to share. Macy was home, and my friend Julie came home with me on Friday evening. I'm so glad she was able to come. :)

Julie brought her puppy along so when got home we let the dogs play and get to know each other. Gus and Jake were very uncertain of Piper's "puppiness." But Piper pretty much had the time of her life. Friday night Macy and I serenaded Julie for a long time. Poor Julie probably thought we were some kind of crazy people. But we like to sing on Friday night's. (and it's a good thing we "practiced"because special music didn't show up for church so Macy and I were volunteered.) 

Sabbath morning we got up and went to church then headed home for some outside fun. It was a gorgeous day and we took full advantage of it. Gus got another bath and we played with the dogs for awhile. Then we headed to the farm to climb the grain elevator. 

Julie climbing. This is the scariest part to me... but she made it just fine.

My mom and Mitzi look pretty tiny from the top.





There are 2 different levels and the highest one had a lot of wasps around it for some reason. They were weird looking insects. Like a cross between a bee and a wasp.

We made it.

Brett and a barn kitten.

After climbing the grain elevator. Julie and I headed to Ernie and Sharon's house to see all there babies and other animals.  We went on an equine "safari" as Julie calls it. :) We ran out of time to ride so she will just have to come back soon. ;)


Mule babies of every color.

They like there butt scratched. If you try to pet them around there head/neck area, they whip there butt around for you to scratch.




We headed out in the Kubota "tour bus"to see the donkeys and some more mules and horses.
Donkeys

I think they wanted to eat her.

It was a wild safari.

They pretty much just surround you if you stop. Even once they realize you have no food.
 We headed home for a bonfire and mini hayride. We passed a stormchaser, which I'm pretty sure completely freaked Julie out but I tried to reassure her we were fine and that my dad was practically a weather man and would have called me if we were in danger. ha

We had planned to have a bonfire and mini hayride that evening with family but it started raining as soon as we all got there. 

We had the fire lit and everything...

But we moved in the barn and it was still a lot of fun. We sang a lot of songs that I hadn't sang in ages. It definitely took me back and was a lot of fun.

Having so much fun! 

It was a little tight.


The master chef making hot chocolate after we had devoured all the food.

Visiting

yep! It was yummy! Homemade caramel apples, all different flavors of popcorn :), hot dogs, homemade apple cider (amazing!!) homemade pickles (yum), and smores. 

Playing in the rain! Love her!

Improvising for our smores.

Sabbath was a perfect day. The weather was amazing and it was great to just relax and spend time with family and friends. 

I'm going to work on a post for Sunday, which was another very fun filled day, but it takes a while to get all the pictures uploaded so check back for that. :) It involves cows, applesauce, four-wheelers and more family and friends.


2 comments:

Elisa said...

This makes me get excited about Thanksgiving!

Allyson said...

I know! I can't wait! :)