Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hoarder?

Yesterday I went through all my clothes and cleaned out my closet. I usually do this at the end of the school year when I bring everything back home but last year it took me over a month because I was so busy working. I have pretty much everything at home anyway so I took on the task. I have a full size bed and it was piled high with things for my sister to decide if she wants or to sell at our garage sale this summer. And now my clothes are organized and I only kept what I actually wear! 

In this process I found some old stuff. I tend to keep a lot of random things... I'm not a hoarder mind you, but I'm not good at remembering little things that have happened to me. (Part of the reason for this blog) I'm pretty sure my mom thought I was crazy when I brought some old jeans down to show her. 

Each pair has a story. This pair was my lucky pair of jeans when I barrel raced. Sounds crazy, but I won every time I wore them. I wore them so much I literally wore the rear out. Funny thing is, I still wore them. I would just put spandex shorts under them. ha


I was wearing this pair when I almost got trampled to death. My head came millimeters from being crushed by my horses feet. (My mom saw it all happen but there was nothing she could do.) She saw something move Cheyenne over just as she was about to land on me. My guardian angel was working over time that day. The only thing that happened to me was a messed up a knee, a few chipped teeth, and a lot of scrapes and bruises. You can see that the left knee has a rip (that's the knee that got hurt) and it's hard to tell but they are really stained up. My knee landed in a pile of horse poop, which saved my knee from more injury. 
Disclaimer: This was not exactly my horses fault. A crazy dog came and attacked her. 


I know they are random things to keep but they hold so many memories. I can't throw them away. Anybody else save stuff like this? I hope I'm not the only crazy one. I have a bunch of other stuff too. I love going through it all every once in awhile. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Yep. I hoard and then I purge and then I go dig through the trash afterwards because I maybe I just threw away a some precious memory and then HOW WILL I REMEMBER IT!? I want each happy memory feel equally cared for but its not so practical.