Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just Call Me Martha Stewart.

I have been studying the last 2 days. I'm on spring break, and I'm studying. boo! It should be against school policy to give tests the week after spring break. Anyway, I'm very thankful for this break. I studied until about 5 today and then made some sweet treats. I got in a baking mood and have been craving summer desserts. Something lemony in particular... so I found these on Tasty Kitchen.

Lemon Blueberry Crunch Muffins


They were yummy but didn't have a very strong lemon flavor so I'm going to have to try something else. 

We are FINALLY taking down the wallpaper in our living room. Well, more like my mom is taking it down. It is a wee bit outdated but it's kind of sad to see it go. If that wallpaper could talk... 


While my mom worked on that project, I made peach cobbler for supper. Peach cobbler is one of my favorite foods! and yes, I said for supper. :) I like the kind of cobbler that has a more of a cakey feel. Not the biscuit kind or the pie crust kind, or whatever other kind. 

It starts out like this, with the fruit on the top. I used peaches that we froze last summer. 


Then the batter ends up on the top and it is oh so good. I actually made 1 1/2 the recipe for the batter because it is my favorite part. :) 

I forgot to take my polarizer off for these shots. Sorry for the blur...

Such a healthy meal. I am so ready for summer. I would have made some homemade ice cream to go along with this if it were summer. 


The day ended with the clouds finally breaking up a little and allowing the sun to peak through before it set. 


I had to go for a jog to work off all those calories but it was nice to get outside. I have big plans for being out in the sunshine tomorrow! 

5 comments:

Elizabeth Justice said...

I love homemade peach cobbler too! But I totally need your recipe for homemade ice cream!

Anne588 said...

You should see my parents living room... My brother and I even offered to make it a little nicer , but they won't let us.
I wish I could bake like this :)

Kenz said...

Peach cobbler is one of MY favorites too! And those muffins look to DIE for! I know what you mean with wanting summery treats. I have been the same way and have been looking for recipes that are light and are tasty eaten cold. If you are wanting lemon, check out my post about lemon cake. I think that is about as lemony as you can get! I am so glad to hear you're enjoying your break. Put those books down girl!

Elle said...

Your muffins look divine! I may have to go the grocery store to pick up a few certain items...

My mom taught me how to make a cobble are my "right of passage into wifeland" but I have yet to do it. Soon. Maybe.

Elisa said...

Wallpaper is coming back in you know :) Redoing walls is so much work, you guys are really doing big spring break projects. Your muffins and cobbler look so yummy!