Monday, January 30, 2012

beautiful weather and pretty nails.

Saturday afternoon I decided I wanted to go for a walk or something outside, so I called up cousin Elisa to see if she was doing anything. She wasn't so she joined me. I took the dogs, minus Cooper, and they were sooooo excited! 

We didn't really go anywhere exciting. Just down the road we have walked many times but it was so nice to just chat and enjoy the nice weather. I'm really enjoying having Elisa home. :) We met my Grandpa and his wife on our walk and they wanted to show us the walking trail they have been working on behind there new house. It is quite nice! Just kind of winds around in the trees and along the field and creek. 



It was so nice to just be outside and spend time with family. 

Saturday night, my parents and I went out to eat with my Uncle Mark (dad's brother) and his wife and crew, and a friend from church and his crew. There were 15 of us in all. There is a vegetarian asian restaurant in Tulsa that we all love. It's kind of a hole in the wall place so we might have overwhelmed them a little, but we had a great time. 

I went home and studied Saturday night for a few hours after eating. boo...

Sunday was full of studying, but I did take a break to join the church ladies for some women's ministry. We have started our women's ministry group again and our first event was a lot of fun. Of course, I forgot my camera but I snapped a few pictures with my phone. 


We went to the low income housing division in our little town and gave manicures to the ladies from the division. We also gave them a bag of personal hygiene type items and a little book about dealing with stress and things like that.

This was when we first started. A few minutes after this picture a lot of people showed up and we were very busy. :)

We had about 40 people come through and I think every one of them loved it. They kept saying how pretty they felt and we had a great time talking to all of them. 


I studied anatomy while I wasn't busy. I know, I'm a nerd. ha I really did enjoy myself though. We will definitely be doing this again and we are working on some other projects as well. 

I had a great weekend and hope you all did too!

This week is going to REALLY busy and full of studying physiology (I have a test Friday) but I'm going to try to still make time to blog. :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love walking in the woods. I just love the outdoors! Looks gorgeous!!

Courtney B said...

I love going on pretty, scenic walks! I wish I lived there so I could enjoy your gorgeous outdoors!

Allyson said...

If either of you are ever in the area, I would love to share my woods with ya! :)