Tuesday, January 24, 2012

reminiscing.

I had a whole other post all written up but I just couldn't wait to share this with you guys. I was talking to one of my best friends, Elle, today and our conversation led me to get out my external hard drive and look for some old photos and videos. We graduated together in 2007 and we got to go to Kauai for our class trip. We worked for habitat for humanity and spent a lot of time on the beach. It was an unforgettable trip and the looking through the pictures was so much fun. (and a great way to procrastinate)

I was actually searching for this video in particular. I love it! It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me happy. :) I am the one in the middle along with 2 of my classmates, Jordan (now Elle's hubby) and Christy. I have absolutely no idea how I convinced Jordan to sing with us at the time but I'm so glad I was able too. :) We sang this song a few times but this time was really spur of the moment. Our videographer was Kody (we weren't dating at the time but became very good friends in Hawaii), he forgot he was supposed to be videoing until a few seconds into the song. 


Christy, me, and Kody. Oh, to be that tan right now. 

I can't believe this was five years ago. Sheesh, I was skinny! Our five year highschool reunion is in March, and while this may not be a big deal to other highschools, it is to ours! Our class will be planning the church ceremony and (if I can convince Jordan) we will be singing this song for special music. :) I can't wait to see everyone!!! :)

3 comments:

Elle said...

Oh my goodness such awesome memories from that trip! AND Jordan WILL be singing with you guys :) I have already made him promise. Cannot wait. I loooovvee that song.

Elle said...

You know it might be kind of cool to play this video at church while you are singing (on mute). That way everyone could see the significance of this song to our class ;)

Allyson said...

Oooo... That's a good idea! and since it is missing the first part of the song we could add a few pictures at the end to make up the time! :) I'm so excited about the whole weekend. :)