Wednesday, January 25, 2012

better late than never.

I completely forgot to post about what I got for Christmas! I got some really great gifts this year and I wanted to share them with you because I think they are pretty neat. 

This summer I was cleaning out my closet and dresser and was overwhelmed by the number of t-shirts I had. All of them have some significance and I couldn't just through them away so my mom suggested that we get a quilt made out of them. One of the ladies my mom works with sews really well and had made a few of these t-shirt quilts before so she agreed to make it for me. It was a little challenging to narrow it down so that I would not have a ginormous quilt, and it still turned out to be a queen size quilt. She had it finished just in time for Christmas and I absolutely love it! :) 

The whole quilt.
She tried to put the shirts in order as the events happened. Most of them were highschool and first few years of college. 

I was going to take pictures of my favorite shirts but I couldn't narrow it down to just a few so here is the top half.


And the bottom half. 


It is a perfect keepsake! :)

I also got a carhartt vest, which I absolutely love. It's really practical and something I already use a lot. It will be really handy when I graduate and am practicing. It is not fun to pregnancy check a cow in winter when you have to take off your coat so you can get your arm up there. With this vest I can still have some warmth and my arms are free. It is surprisingly warm and great for layering too. They are pretty popular in the cowboy world right now. 

My mom even got the vet symbol embroidered on it. :)

So while I was going through my Christmas pictures looking for these I found a few randoms from Christmas break I wanted to share with you. 

I took my boots off after church and Emma decided she needed to wear them. 
I wrapped ALOT of presents and this is were Cooper laid the whole time. 
My sister decided she wanted to be cool like me and wear a plaid flannel shirt. (She borrowed on of my shirts ha)
Okay, now things are getting really random. I got Cooper the cutest little bones. They are so tiny and a great way to occupy him while I'm studying. :)


Happy Wednesday! Just one more day of class fro me! :)

11 comments:

Denise said...

How fun! LOVE that blanket :)

Anne588 said...

I love the blanket. Wish I knew someone who could do this for me:)

Courtney B said...

That quilt is AMAZING! What an awesome Christmas gift!
You're so pretty!

Elle said...

I recognize some of those tee-shirts!!! I have tried to convince J that we should do this with all of us, but he won't budge. Hmph. My Cooper has tiny bones like that too! They were gifted to him and definitely too small so I have to watch him closely, but he loves them.

Allyson said...

Thanks! I love how many memories it holds. :)

Allyson said...

Thanks, I love it!! :)

Allyson said...

Aww... thank you! :) and thanks for following!! :)

Allyson said...

You guys probably have a lot of the same shirts I do. :) You should just do it. I was a little reluctant at first but I'm so glad I did it. It was easier because my mom just took the shirts and I didn't have to actually cut them up. :) I'm so glad I have it now!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh it is so great to see someone do that with their shirts! Since my kids were born I have kept their baby clothes (well, my favorites anyway, or it would make several blankets) to do the same thing. I'm making my daughter's for her Sweet 16 and my son's for his one-day wife and him as a someday (hopefully wayyyy down the road) wedding gift. My daughter is now 11 so I'd better get started! My son is only 5 haha, so I think I have a little bit of time left. But it flies so fast I'd better not get too comfortable! :) The quilt turned out just beautifully. So glad you shared it.

And you are gorgeous, and your sis, and little Emma... and Cooper? He is still breakin' my heart. :) Oh yeah and sweet vest! Carharts are sooo warm.

Allyson said...

I think it would be really neat to make one out of baby clothes. One of the shirts is from when I was really tiny. It's kind of hard to see in the picture. But it is from our trip to Walt Disney World. It's one of my favorites. My mom has a bunch of baby clothes that I would like to make a quilt from some day as well. I have a slight obsession with quilts... ha :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome issues here. I am very glad to see your article.
Thanks so much and I'm having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Feel free to surf to my site :: http://www.jnmassage.info