Sunday, January 22, 2012

An unproductive weekend.

Remember how I said I was going to be all productive and get caught up on studying this weekend? Well, I did make a small dent but nothing like what I was hoping for. I had a lot of fun though.

Saturday afternoon I decided to take Gus and Jake for a ride because they have been a little neglected since Cooper came around. Gus' favorite thing to do is ride in the car with the windows down so he can stick his head out and bark at every tree we pass. 


He would not move to the backseat. I wanted to get a picture of his ears flopping but he was just having to much fun right were he was. 
He took a short break to warm up his nose.  
Jake decided he didn't want to go. He would not get in the car so we came back and played fetch with him. 



Seriously mom?! Stop taking my picture!


Gus is the most abnormal Basset Hound I have ever been around. He is anything but lethargic. He does enjoy his naps but if there is something else to do then he is there. 

Jake is about the sweetest dog you will ever meet. 

I know... I'm pretty funny! 

He doesn't know how to hold still. Hence, the blur. 


I love my boys! They are all wonderfully weird in there own way. We enjoyed the nice weather and played until it was time to head to vespers.

The high school I graduated from came and brought there band to perform for us. They did a really good job. I was pretty impressed!

Mr. Bizama is the music director at Ozark and is a very, very, very talented musician. I was very involved in music when I was there and so we got to be very good friends. I also went to Korea on a mission trip with him and some other people from my church. (whole other story) Anyway, he is definitely one of my role models and I really miss being involved in his music program. It was one of the highlights of high school for me and I learned so much from him. I know, I was a music nerd. :)

It was really good to see him.


Little Miss Evalynn was very intrigued by the music.

and she really enjoyed the pizza after the program. :) She is the cutest thing and entertains me every week at church. 

After everyone had eaten the Ozark kids loaded up the bus and headed back to Arkansas. 

Cousin Elisa came over to meet Cooper and he was a holy terror, to say the least. I don't know what got in to him. He was not his normal self. He sorta calmed down eventually and we watched Elisa's favorite movie. I had never heard of it, except for what she told me this summer, but I really enjoyed it. It is a good, clean movie and perfect for the hopeless romantic like me. It is called Sweet land. If you ever just want a sweet, good movie you should check it out. 

Today was full of studying. Blah. 

My mom and I did the video for today together. (I have been doing P90X) I'm doing really good with keeping up with my exercising. Alumni is inspiring me... ha

This afternoon we had a dust storm of sorts. It freaked me out a little. It was so dusty outside from all the wind. (gusts up to 60 mph) We really need rain! 

That isn't fog, it's dust. 
I should get back to studying so I can get to bed. I left my computer charger at home so I don't know if I will be able to post 'til this weekend. Hopefully I can borrow someone's. I really need my computer for school stuff as well. 


4 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet Land!

Elle said...

Love that little Gus face!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the movie, always love good clean movie suggestions! Especially romance. :)

Also, great job!!! My hubby has been faithfully doing his p90x since Christmas when I got it for him, and he already looks amazing. It helps him work his crazy two-job schedule and still take care of his preggers wife and two kiddos, so I'm mucho impressed. So good for you, keep on keepin' on girl! ;) I know, I'm kind of a geek.

Allyson said...

I can already tell a slight difference, and I have only been doing it for 2 weeks. :)