Saturday, January 21, 2012

blessed.

I was really blessed at church today. I have been having a problem with some of the people in our church and things they do and don't do. I have been really judgmental even though I try not to. I was reminded today that it is very easy to look at other people's sins and judge them as long as it isn't a sin we are also committing. It's much easier to be okay with things when we are doing the same things. I hope that wasn't to confusing. 


Our guest speaker pointed out today that we shouldn't look at other people's sins but look at our own, and we shouldn't dwell on our own sins either. We need to look to Him! 

"Look to Me, and be Saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."
Isaiah 45:22

He also reminded us of the race that we are running and the only way to overcome Satan is to look to Jesus. 

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I needed to be reminded of this. To set aside all the baggage of sin and look beyond this world. That is the only way to overcome. When we are able to do this, that is when other people can see through Christ through us. We aren't weighed down by the world because we are looking to Christ. 

I don't know about you but I needed to be reminded of these things. 

Happy Sabbath!




No comments: