Monday, January 23, 2012

one year ago.

A year ago today I was headed to Africa with Kody, Ernie, Sharon, and a lot of other friends. I have been a bit sad just thinking about it today. That trip is one of the highlights of my life and I would love to be headed back there right now. (Even with the horrible flight) 

So excited to be getting a place to worship in. These ladies sang to us the whole time we worked on there church. 

The small group I worked with ever day.
If you would like to see more pictures go HERE!!

There is a not a lot of narration for the pictures. (If I didn't have to study I would go through and work on it) I wish I would have taken the time to say more but if anybody wants to know more about the trip I can fill you in. :) 

The group I went with left for Honduras yesterday and it looked to be another amazing trip. I didn't get to go because of vet school but I sure wish I could have. 

It's been a long day... I just keep thinking of my trip to Africa. Instead I have to study physiology because I have a quiz in the morning. Who cares about how the gut works anyway?! 

4 comments:

Denise said...

Africa?? JEALOUS! I bet doing something like that is so rewarding and humbling. And not to mention its freaking AFrica. :)

Cute blog. I love that you love cows!

Elle said...

Lets go back to Africa! You can doctor cows, J can fix eyeballs, K can attend to emergencies, and I can errr...counsel? or just hold cute babies :)

Allyson said...

It's happening as soon as we graduate! That would be a really fun trip. :)

Allyson said...

Yep, Africa! :) It was amazing and definitely rewarding and humbling. I love to travel and mission trips are a rewarding way to travel. :)

Thanks for stopping by and following! :)