Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Growing up.

[I haven't had internet the past few days. It has been really weird. I have had to study and just study some more to entertain myself.]

I'm linking up with Kerrie today for the Tuesday Challenge. I didn't do the actual challenge but I wanted to share something about how God has worked in my life. It may seem a bit strange but I want to share about the school I attended. I truly believe that God taught me so much there and prepared me for the life I had ahead of me. The last few weeks I have just had these crazy realizations of how God has been leading in my life, even when I didn't realize it. 

1st-8th grade I attended a small, one room school. On average there was about 15 of us each year, I think. It is our church school. I guess you could say it was similar to homeschool but with a teacher. 

When I graduated 8th grade, there was 3 of us. My cousin Emily, and another friend Alex. We went to a high school in Tulsa for 9th and 10th grade then went to a boarding school in Arkansas called Ozark Adventist Academy for Junior and Senior year. 

I loved it and wouldn't trade any of those years for anything!

This past Sunday we had a workbee at the school to clean things up for open house. We are kind of at a place where there aren't many kids. My generation hasn't had kids yet. ha Anyway, so we are looking for a few new students. 

Being there brought back sooo many memories and even though I actually didn't do a whole lot it was a lot of fun. I helped paint some doors and clean up a few things. A lot of things have changed since I was there but it's still the same small school. 
I took these next few pics with my phone while we were cleaning, so please excuse the mess. (Of course I forgot my camera)


The big classroom that we all had school in.

Part of the playground.

I'm pretty sure I read every book in this little library by the time I left.
 Some people may see this little one room school as a disadvantage but not me. A lot of people think I missed out on so much about highschool by going to Ozark but I don't think so at all. I got to do so many different things. 

At my interview for vet school they found all this so unique and interesting and I truly believe that it helped my get into vet school. God was leading and continues to lead! It's just so amazing to me.


Someday I hope to send my kids to that little one room school and I hope they have the same great experience that I had. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it great looking back and realizing that God shaped our life according to His perfect plan? It really encourages me realizing that He has always been with me, and will always be with me. Hope you're having a good day :)

Kerrie Williams said...

I love this. What a unique story you have!

running4him said...

Cool blog, keep up the good work!! You are invited to follow my blog anytime!! I loooooove Dutch Blitz, it's great!! Have a great day!!