Friday, February 24, 2012

therapy.

So, as you all know, I have been pretty stressed out with school and life in general lately. This morning I had a big test and then had the rest of the day off. I only have a couple quizzes next week so I took the day off from studying and spent it outside.

I got a call from Ernie Wednesday evening and he left me a message. It said, "Allyson... this is Ernie... I know you have been stressed lately and it's supposed to be really nice Friday afternoon. Why don't you come out and ride? Talk to ya later!"

I have the best friends. They know me oh so well.

So this afternoon I headed over to the Busby's to ride. I was going to ride with Sharon but she wasn't able to get away so I had some alone time.

Big John
Yep, I stuck my nose in the water and then the alfalfa. 

Dixie. I didn't actually end up riding her. Just did some ground work. She was in a definite mood. 

Annie. My trustee steed. 
Now you might be saying, "those are some big ears for a horse." Well they are actually mules, which I actually am starting to like riding even better than horses. 

It was great to just be outside and a horse (or any animal) is the best therapist there is. They just listen and love you. :)

After my ride I headed back home to help Luke plant some onions. It seems to early but winter has just flown by. 

Anna helping.




I guess he has planted twice as many onions and potatoes as last year. I told him he may need to increase his work force because we worked hard last summer with half the amount of stuff. ha




On a side note, Cooper got a haircut today! Finally! It was getting really bad, but he looks so much better now. I will admit I was a little nervous about it because I have some dogs come back from the groomer looking really scary but the lady did a really great job. 



Happy weekend ya'll!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I'm so glad you were able to take a day off and just enjoy yourself! I haven't rode a horse in years! I miss it :)